Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Do you kill people for a living??

Yes, that question was asked this weekend...
Not by me, by my 3 year old to a random stranger playing with his kids at the park!


Here we are running around screaming and jumping from one thing to the next. And, yes in case you were wondering I do run and scream like a 3 year old at the park. What?

All of a sudden my son spots this man, walks right up to him and in his perfectly clear voice he asks "Do you kill people for a living"? My mouth hit the bark chips on the playground! I was praying that the guy wouldn't hear what my child just said. Here I am looking at this man with half shock, half laughter bubbling up. The dad looks at me and says "What"? I responded with "Well, he asked you a question, do you"?? And then off my son runs distracted by a shiny object and leaves me to stammer a response somewhere along the lines of, "no more superhero movies for you, mr". As I walk away, head down... btw, he never answered the question...

You know that story that your parents always told you when you were little? The one where they had to walk to school, uphill both ways in the snow with no shoes on? Gawd, I got that so many times! I got to use one of those lines on my boy yesterday. It was awesome! He had no idea why I was laughing so hard. Other than he thinks I'm crazy mama! Nothing new there!

He gets in the car after I pick him up from the sitters and he says:
Gavin: "You know mama, my friends have a tv in their cars" "It's awesome" "I could watch my cartoons on the way home"
Keep in mind we live .2 miles from the sitters house.
Gavin: "How come we don't have a tv in our car".
Me: "Well, when I was little all I had was your auntie natty to annoy and the seat belt to pretend vacuum and a lil thing called my IMAGINATION to occupy my time.
Gavin: "How boring"
Hmmm, my most adult response was "your face"!

Another one as we are driving to get some coffee the other day.

Gavin: "Mama, go faster, the car next to us is winning"! "
Me: "I can only go as fast as the car in front of me"
and I think in my head, oh my god, I'm my mother!



I wonder what he asks when I'm not around? Life is never boring with my lil man:)

No comments: