Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Have a little faith

Have you seen the movie, 
Jeff, who lives at home.
It's a different type of movie. 
It's about a guy, named Jeff that lives at home. 
Sounds thrilling, right??
Anyways it's all about signs, fate and everything happens for a reason. 
All good things and all things I believe in wholeheartedly. 
I am always trusting my gut and going with my instinct. 
Obviously in my past, that hasn't gone so well. 
I was blinded by something... 
I have found myself following it more and listening to my heart. 
So far, it hasn't lead me astray. 

Insert super cute pic with my super cute guy:)
Check out that smile!
Gets me every time;)

We visited a catholic church on a Sunday. My mom told me to find this tiny, cute church she had remembered. It wasn't tiny. I lit a candle for my abualita, said a prayer and wasn't struck down. I took that as a good sign.


This last weekend I was introduced to someone very important in my guys life. 
His grandma.
& his mom, step dad, aunt and cousin. 
To say I was nervous was an understatement. 
It's been years since I have met family to someone as important as this guy is to me. 


Upon walking in to the house, I am overwhelmed with emotion. I miss my grandma on a daily basis and wish I had more time with her. To be honest I fought back tears as Sean hugged his grandma because I won't get to do that again... 

Just recently, as in the day before this meeting I had sworn off alcohol forever! I blame empty stomach, strawberry margaritas, something called a scorpion fishbowl and the sun that made me come to this decision. I will explain more in depth at a later time. 

His grandma offered me a glass of wine, I decided I could nurse one glass with dinner over the next couple hours. I like to think I'm becoming more refined in my 29 years on this earth, but reality is that I'm getting old and can't hold my liquor. I follow Sean's grandma to where the wine is. She opens the fridge and pours me a glass from a box of wine. Again, I'm fighting back tears and laughter that's building in my gut. I got my sign that I could relax. My grandma used to drink the exact same wine, out of a box and she kept it in the fridge. The only difference was that it was in an actual wine glass not a coffee mug like my grandma used to drink it. 

The rest of the dinner was amazing with an obscene amount of food. Which was awesome to fill our belly's. Not that we were starving or anything... 

I don't have a lot of family, but they are special to me nonetheless (did you know that was one word??) I love meeting family of loved ones. They know them the best and have the best stories. 

Have a little faith... 

No comments: