Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hunger Games



May the odds be ever in your favor...

Eff that!

The odds aren't very good going in against 23 other children to fight to the death!

I randomly picked this book up way before they even thought of making a movie out of it.
Apparently, I'm a lil messed up in head for thinking a book about 24 children going in to an arena and fighting to the death sounded appealing. I got my co worker at the time to read it too! Once I heard they were making a movie out of it we planned a date!
I love a good movie rendition of a book, but it's never as good!  Jurassic Park, The Client, PS I love you, The Notebook, and any other ones. It's hard to cram every little minute detail into a 2 hour movie. Plus, I imagine the characters in my own way.

None of the characters from The Hunger Games came out the way I pictured them. Except for two. More on that later. Thankfully I read the book so long ago and my comprehension is at a third grade level. What, I read super fast! I was able to forget the stereotypes I placed with the characters.
I was thoroughly happy with the way the movie turned out. The actors were perfect. Their acting even better. I was nervous & excited to see how they would show children murdering children in a PG-13 environment.

Just today I was reading that people were offended with the actors that were picked for Rue and Thresh. In the book they are described as dark complexion. They were the only characters that came out the way I pictured them in my head. Why do people have to be so mean and hurtful??

I would go watch this movie again. It's hard to pay attention to every detail when you are trying to remember how the book went. I even had to ask my friend what happened in certain parts because she re read the book. If you haven't read the book go with someone who has. There are some parts you will need someone to explain what's going on.

Take the movie with a grain of salt. It's fictional, it's not real and the authors imagination was phenomenal to create this environment. I can't wait for the next two movies:)

Source: etsy.com via Melissa on Pinterest


I am in love with these bracelets:)

Happy Tuesday, my pretties!!

Besos and Love!


No comments: