I have been at a loss as what to write lately... I keep second guessing what I'm going to talk about. What you guys want to read. That's not why I started blogging. It was my own outlet. Something to make me feel good. Put the proverbial pen to paper. I found this on The shine project's blog. What perfect timing. Sometimes we can get stuck in a self loathing rut. Complaining and not giving thanks for how abundantly blessed we are. With Thanksgiving approaching quick I am reminded to be thankful for what I do have in life. I'm sure I can think of more that I am thankful for than what I complain about. Plus it's more fun to be thankful! No one wants a negative nancy/norman around. We want people around us that lift us up, not kick us. People that are happy for our happiness, not upset because they feel left out. I am definitely thankful for the many friends that surround me with love! Without you I am nothing:)
1. Who do I appreciate? My son, family, friends.
2. How am I fortunate? I have a roof over my head, food in my belly, the love of my family, my son who amazes me every day, my health, amazing friends, you know who you are;)
3. What material possessions am I thankful for? my home, my car, my clothes, shoes...
4. What abilities do I have that I'm grateful for? my loyalty to my family and friends. If my friends are hurt, I'm hurting. My intuition, it has helped me and friends numerous times, I call it my sixth sense. My stubbornness, not taking no for an answer or proving people wrong.
5. What about my surroundings (home/neighborhood/city/etc.) am I thankful for? The property I live on for my son to play on, the small town, the mountains that surround the valley, the beach so close for a quick trip, the four seasons we get every year.
6. What experiences have I had that I am grateful for? The mistakes I've made that Ive had to pick myself up from. Realizing I'm stronger than I thought, physically and emotionally. The birth of my son.
7. What happened today/yesterday/this week/this month/this year that I am grateful for? I wake up every day and have the love of my son. Some people go through life without that true love. I couldn't imagine my life without him.
8. What opportunities do I have that I am thankful for? The opportunity to grown at my job. Learning new things every day. To have my parents close by to help raise my son as well. Meeting new friends.
9. What have others in my life done that I am thankful for? The friends, that I've found to be true ones. Not the ones that say they will be there and aren't . The ones I can go months without talking to and we reunite and act as if we never parted. The ones that tell you the truth, even when it hurts. The ones that just don't agree with you, but challenge you to be a better person.
10. What have others done that I am benefiting from in my life (even if I don't know who those people are)? Hands down, the men and women that protect and serve our country. I am forever thankful they fight for us and put their lives on the line.
11. What relationships am I thankful for? I love being a mom. Getting to shape a mind and teach him right from wrong. I don't have all the answers but I try. My seester, who I am closer to than anyone. We know when each other are hurting and are there for each other. It has taken years for us to get here, but I am so glad I have her on my side:) And again my friends, nerd outreach;) <3
12. What am I taking for granted that, if I stop to think about it, I am grateful for? Anything to do with hygiene ! Can't live without it!!!
13. What is there about the challenges/difficulties I have experienced (or am currently experiencing) that I can be thankful for? (e.g., What have I learned? How have I grown?) My challenges are making me who I am. Yeah, I've made mistakes, Ive had to pick myself up or ask for help from friends. Or learn how to hurt first then I can heal. In order for me to be happy. I have to make myself happy. No one else can do that. That's on my shoulders.
14. What is different today than it was a year ago that I'm thankful for? If you know me at all you already know the answer to this question. My life is completely different...
15. What insights have I gained that I am grateful for? Be honest...
"I know what I'm doing
I have it all planned out
Plans to take care of you,
not abandon you,
plans to give you the future you hope for"
Wanna play along?
*Choose a question, and answer it below!