Monday, February 6, 2012

Balls anyone??

So I have to tell you,
I hate meatloaf, with a passion!
There's something gross about mashing everything together and then cutting off a slice of it...
Roll it in a ball and I'll have to be forced to stop eating them.
True story!

I also hate broccoli.
I hate the smell and taste of it.
It smells like butt, sorry, it does tho!

Imagine my surprise when I see these cute lil thangs on my mom's stove.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

I had to have one. I asked what was in it.
She said don't worry about it just eat it.
At this point, I know something is in it that I will not like.
Ha, fool me once mama, shame on you!
She may have told me to eat something when I was little that I later found out was cow tongue...
Thanks mom!
it's a Mexican thing.
Here's a recipe if you wanna try some beef tongue out...
barf!
I was going to include a pic, but I kinda just gagged...
Moving on

This lil ball was amaze!
I then asked to read the ingredients.
Broccoli slaw, what the heck!?
I couldn't taste it people!
Apparently in order to get me to eat my veggies, you have to sneak them in!
Bravo, Hungry Girl!!

Now, my mom made the recipe and she is an ahhhmazing cook.
Known for doing the sign of the cross over her food before it goes in the oven.
That might be why...
She's got Jesus on her side of the oven, or something like that.

Turkey & Veggie Meatloaf  Balls!
Hungry Girl Style

Ingredients:

1 small onion
1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp. ketchup, divided
1 1/4 lb. raw lean ground turkey
3 cups bagged
dry broccoli cole slaw, roughly chopped
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Using a box grater, grate onion into a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup ketchup and all other ingredients. Stir until thoroughly mixed.

Line 9 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute turkey-veggie mixture among the muffin cups, and top each with 1 tsp. ketchup.

Bake in the oven until firm with lightly browned edges, 30 - 35 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

MAKES 9 SERVINGS
 
 
You can thank me later when you've eaten all 9 servings and have a food baby, mmkay!
 
Go visit Hungry Girl here!
 
Besos!


1 comment:

Jamie said...

Eww tongue! What a surprise!