It's Thursday so that means I am linking up with Erin at Living in Yellow for some Awkwardness & Awesomeness!!
I was thinking last night about this post and I was really having a hard time coming up with awkward and awesome stories to tell. I asked myself: Self, what happened this week?? When I started thinking about it I realized that I have just become accustomed to the levels of awkwardness that exist every day in my life... Im not sure if that is a good thing or not... Lets say good, because I love to be entertaining! Lets get started, Ready, Go, Set (that's how my boy says it) I love the words and phrases he uses:)
1. Speaking of my son, walking thru a store and him getting away from me, screaming "You're not my son!" Where he got this line I'll never know?? So I'm flushing red and my armpits are tingling because of the anxiety I'm having as everyone turns the stink eye on me. I quietly saw his full name (because as a kid, we know that's when we're in trouble!) Had absolutely no effect on him. He's weaving in and out of aisles, screaming and giggling. At this point I'm not going to yell his name and be THAT mom or chase after him promising a surprise if he comes back. So, I use one word that will guarantee he will be running to me in seconds, monsters! Please don't judge me. We play this game at home if I yell monsters he has to run back to me as fast as possible and if he touches me, I'm safe and the monsters go away... Im sure Ive permenatly damaged him in some way. I swear after I said this word he made it back to me, no tears and held my hand the rest of the time. I had a few mothers come up to me and say they had never seen such a well behaved toddler, hehe! :)
2. This weekend my future seester in law was in town and we did super exciting stuff like take her to costco and walmart!! Exciting, I know! We had dinner over at the inlaws one night and as the hubs was in the restroom, our son decided to run down the hall and slam full force into the bathroom door causing it to open, even tho it had been locked. My seester was worried for my son and immediately looked up and got a face full of my hubs rear end. I died on the spot! I couldn't breathe, speak and was crying as I was laughing ridiculously hard! I tried to block her view but it's hard when you're laughing... More awkward for the hubs than me and for my poor future seester. haha!
3. We were at my future seesters bridal shower that took place at my house. The hubs was working, so I had to entertain as well as watch my mischevious lil monster. I would check on him every so often, thank god for spongebob squarepants, and he was being a perfect angel! As I was reading off one of the games, he must have snuck off upstairs and found the yoga ball. Before I knew what was happeneing I hear my seester say "Gavin, no!" Enter yoga ball flying at lightening speed, down the stairs towards one of the hubs aunts and crash! Me: face bright red, armpits tingling again! Gavin: screaming, "got you!"
4. At that same bridal shower we were talking about how dirty fruits and veggies can be. I am guilty of giving my son some grapes at the store... big mistake, big, huge! All of the aunts and cousins were saying those were the dirtiest of all! Then the hubs grandma says, "you know, they hire mexicans to pick those fruits and veggies!" I have to add, that I LOVE the hubs grandma! She is drop dead hilarious! Most of the relatives enter into an awkward silence and grandma keeps going on about what the "mexicans" do in the field and how filthy they are. Everyone is just staring at her! So me, being the one that likes to make everyone laugh says
Me: "But grandma, I'm mexican!"
Stunned silence as everyone shifts their gaze to me and I start laughing.
Grandma: "well they didn't choose you for a reason honey!"
Me: "That's true, I am only half"
Grandma: "There you go honey"
I'm pretty sure i was able to diffuse the situation. And, I got to see a glimpse of the old grandma and her sense of humor that I love and remember from when I first met her.
5. Today, I decided to wear black panties and white shorts... FAIL! Hey, at least I remembered undies! I didn't notice this till I went to the restroom two hours into my work day... I think I will be sitting down for the rest of the day!
I think that's enough awkwardness for today. Lets move on to the awesomeness section!
I don't know if I'll have that much awesome...
1. My son normally takes 3 hour naps at the sitters, yes you read that right, 3! For me, if i'm lucky, i get an hour. Which is fine, but the attitude i get if it's not 3 is enough to pull my hair out individually! Sometimes, if he wakes up I can snuggle with him and he will eventually fall back asleep. Sometimes i forget that Im not supposed to fall asleep. I have things that need to get done around the house that I can only do while monster is sleeping! Yesterday was one of the days I fell asleep and I didn't care:) The way he snuggles up to me is the best. He woke me up with a kiss and said "Good Morning, mommy!" awwwwww!
2. Getting to hang out with my new seester, even though it was at costco and walmart:) I've only seen her in person one other time. We talk via text and facebook, but that's not the same! She even brought me a Jersey tank top from her hometown! I got a souvenir! woohoo! She is fully aware of my obsessiveness with Jersey Shore on MTV and she's okay with it:) I love her accent! It's prob why I stare at her with a goofy grin while she talks. Gawd, she prob thinks I'm an idiot! haha, sucker, she's stuck in this family now! Well, not till
Cool date, huh?
3. My car got cleaned out! whoa! We were going to use our car to shuttle people and it was a mess! I live out of my car! It wasn't dirty with food, just clothes and shoes. I have a tendancy to take my shoes off and drive and when I get home I leave them in the car. Sweaters, toys and whatever else article of clothing I have shed! So, now, I promise to keep it clean!
Hmmm, I can't think of anything else... Maybe I'll add some later!