Saturday, April 30, 2011

~heavy heart~

So, as i was doing my weekly shopping I was paying for my groceries when a little old man walked by and told the cashier he would be right back and to watch his cart. Apparently nature was calling this man's name rather loudly and he couldn't wait to hit the little boys room. The cashier didn't understand him so i turned to look back at his cart and relay the message and my heart broke. In his cart were about 43 totinos pizzas *ick* , a bag of russet potatoes, a bag of onions, 4 boxes of cereal, 31 various frozen dinners, lettuce and some milk. I think the woman behind me noticed my shock and said his wife would be rolling over in her grave if she saw what he was eating. I just felt such sadness for him. He goes home and has his same pizza or frozen dinners every night by himself. I wanted to invite him over for dinner but then my son was trying to dismantle the credit card machine and we had to leave before nuclear meltdown happened in the middle of walmart. It was a moment where my heart was heavy...


Photobucket

1 comment:

CaseyWiegand said...

okay this post just broke my heart!!! oh no! this is so sad!!!