Whoa, two days in a row!
I'm supposed to be showering right now, but since you cant see or smell me, we're good!
I came across this article a couple months back.
I read it, broke in to a cold sweat and threw it under my bed.
Because that is where the scary things live.
Well, scary things and the woman that does my pedicures.
Another story for another time...
I figured since 30 is fast approaching for me.
I am the last of my close friends to hit this landmark.
They still don't believe I'm only 29.
Why would I lie about that, I mean really...
6 month countdown starts right now, uggg!
Lets see how well I'm doing on the list.
**Warning** I may end up in tears by the end of this post...
or at the very least crying inside.
I went ahead and put the ones in bold I think I've got a handle on.
Here goes nothing!
By 30, you should have:
1. One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come.
2. A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
3. Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
4. A purse, a suitcase, and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying.
5. A youth you’re content to move beyond.
6. A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age.
7. The realization that you are actually going to have an old age—and some money set aside to help fund it.
8. An email address, a voice mailbox, and a bank account—all of which nobody has access to but you.
9. A résumé that is not even the slightest bit padded.
10. One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.
11. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra.
12. Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it.
13. The belief that you deserve it.
14. A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine, and a plan for dealing with those few facets of life that don’t get better after 30.
15. A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship, and all those other facets of life that do get better.
By 30, you should know:
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself. (work in progress)
2. How you feel about having kids.
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man, and confront a friend with-out ruining the friendship.
4. When to try harder and when to walk away.
5. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next.
6. The names of the secretary of state, your great-grandmothers, and the best tailor in town.
7. How to live alone, even if you don’t like to.
8. Where to go—be it your best friend’s kitchen table or a yoga mat—when your soul needs soothing. (my closet)
9. That you can’t change the length of your legs, the width of your hips, or the nature of your parents.
10. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over.
11. What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love.
12. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs, or not flossing for very long.
13. Who you can trust, who you can’t, and why you shouldn’t take it personally.
14. Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault.
15. Why they say life begins at 30!
Read More http://www.glamour.com/entertainment/blogs/obsessed/2012/04/30-things-every-woman-should-h.html#ixzz1wO5qqwb8
How'd we do??
I have some things to work on!
Now, I have a list that I can check those effers off on.
Besos sweet friends!