Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Traditions

When I think of my childhood I remember all the normal stuff. 
The friends, going to school, falling down, building forts, etc...
But what I most remember is Christmas. 
The smells, the laugher, the fun!

My grandma and grandpa would show up a couple days early in their motorhome. 
The door would open and out would come hundreds (not really) of presents!
Plus, we got to play in the motorhome. 
We would put out cookies for santa and carrots for the reindeer. 
My sister would always come and wake me up really early in the morning so we could sneak out and see what presents we got. 
There would be glitter around the presents and we always hear bells jingling when santa was near. 
The presents from Aanta were never wrapped. We would move all the presents and count them, her idea not mine. We always had an even amount, good thinking mom and dad!
Then we would sneak back to bed and wait until we could hear our parents waking up. 
Growing up we were not allowed to wake up my dad. 
Come to find out, he hated that we didn't come and jump on the bed in excitement.

We would open presents, eat tamales and go to church. 
That is, if we didn't go to midnight mass. 

I am so excited to start traditions with Gavin & Sean
Gavin is finally old enough that he remembers and gets excited for what's to come. 
We have quite a few friends who all have kids around the same age and it makes it that much more special when the kids are all together.

Here is a list of some of the things Im wanting to do!! 

::1::


Okay, not quiet like that... 

::2::

Gingerbread houses 
&
Anatomically correct Gingerbread men and women:)


::3::

Ice Skating!


Ready Sean??? lol!! 

::4::



::5::
Elf on the Shelf









::6::
Christmas Themed Movies!





::7::

Sledding in the snow!



::8:: 

Snow Angels



::9::

Midnight Mass
Which is really at 10:00pm, 9:00pm for the spanish speaking version. 



::10::




What are your traditions?? 
Of course we also eat tamales on Christmas Eve for dinner. What do you eat??
Do you put an angel or a star on top of the tree??
Colored lights or icicles on the house??
Who decorates the tree? 
Do you open a present on Christmas Eve??



I don't need any presents for Christmas, I've already got him:) 
I am so happy I have him in my life!!
I have the two best guys ever. 
And guess, what??
He loves me right back! 

Besos! 






No comments: